Friday, March 21, 2014

I Was Appalled By The Prejudice.

So today is Sunday, the first day of the year, it was set aside to actually worship the sun, the only real true giver of all life, for without it, all things would die when I was dragged in the building unable to pay its own bills known as church. There's a lot of singing and music in this church, so while the entire ideal makes me cringe, (and their band has no bassist but two keyboards like that's necessary. Bass is important in all forms of music, keyboards are not.) but after the choir ends and the pastor begins, he goes into a rant about commitment. A lot of people have commitment issues in various aspects, I know I do but most of them are unimportant to me then he begins spewing hate and prejudice against people of other faiths and homosexuals. If Jesus' so called father made everything and everyone, then he created the gay, the atheist, the Islamic, the scientologist, the Jews, etc. And people stood up and applauded this hate speech. I was deeply disturbed, what are we doing trying to end bullying and school shootings and other forms of intolerance when there are assholes like this man? What made this event worse was that this is a predominantly Black church as if this same logic has never been applied to them. There are the KKK who can same the exact same shit to him. Treat people the way you want to be treated. All I saw today was compliant, mindless weak little sheep who still needs to believe in the tooth fairy in order to obtain a quarter. If your God is teaching you hate, then that God is no longer worth praying to.

  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius, author of Meditations, Emperor of Rome 161-190, stoic philosopher.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson

I fail to see why it bothers monotheistic people to accept another person's faith or non faith, as Jefferson says, it doesn't break your leg or make you go broke. Two beautiful quotes from 2 of the best men who ever lived and walked this Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment