Monday, March 24, 2014

Teen Wolf Finale

Yes I watch the show, and back in season 1 I was plenty skeptical but it's pretty good if you give it a chance.

So the big surprises was the death of Alison and Aiden but overall, it wasn't an emotional killer for me as I'm very neutral about both of their characters. I was hoping that Isaac would die but I guess he'll end up as Mr. Argent's adoptive son now seeing how he lost Alison. I actually feel quite bad for Papa Argent, I'd understand him completely if he chooses to kill himself with one of his guns but I'm hoping Chris Argent will find love again and maybe start a new family, he's not that old. I personally find J.R Bourne (Mr. Argent) attractive, and he was one of the main reasons I watched the show.

The greatest thrill of season 3 was watching Dylan O' Brien's performance as Void Stiles/Dark Stiles. We all know he pulls off comedy amazingly well but I was blown away but his acting skills. Of all the teen genre like The Hunger Games, Divergent, Teen Wolf, The Mortal Instruments, etc I think Mr. O' Brien is the only one who can actually act. This kid has great potential. His body language, the yelling and changing of his voice, I think he'd be perfect for voice overs. I demand that he does voice overs for villains.
Stiles (Dylan O' Brien) descent into villainy. In the previous season when he introduce his new hairstyle, I hated it but now I've gotten used to Stiles with hair. I think they did an amazing job this season bringing in Japanese mythology with the demon kitsune. Stiles is a fox, a trickster, and I actually hope he can somehow become a kitsune again, even if he isn't the dark fox.

"I'M A THOUSAND YEARS OLD, YOU CAN'T KILL ME!" Such bold boasting and then he dies. Not Stiles as himself, he lives, but the Void Fox. Strangely enough, I think he'd make a perfect Dante from Devil May Cry 5 (NinjaTheory) with Bill Skarsgard as Vergil. Now Hemlock Grove is absolutely terrible show that beats around the bush but never gets to the damn point, and I stopped watching at episode 9, but I think Skarsgard already looks like Vergil, just dye his hair white. O' Brien will be in the new kids/teen book series to hit the big screen (anyone else getting sick of the teen books turning to movies yet? I am) called The Maze Runner. The trailer looks like ATTACK ON TITAN but with no titans and also stars that Reed kid from Game of Thrones, you know the boy traveling with Bran. I'm not a fan of that kid's work because I don't like the characters he play. People have mixed feelings about the book series and I'm contemplating reading them before the movie comes out.

You know.....we never learned Stiles' first name like they said we would. What new mythology should Teen Wolf explore next? I personally wanna see some were-cat like people. The finale could have been better but the journey was definitely worth more than the destination itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment